With Christmas fast approaching I thought for today's blog I would share how I make my Christmas Cinnamon Cookies. Perfect to make for a party, friends or even to bake with the kids. They are really simple, quick and easy to make, you can customise the recipe to make it your own.
120g Unsalted Butter
140g Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Honey
1 Medium Egg
100g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1-2 tsp Cinnamon
200g Porridge Oats
Makes 10 to 12 Cookies
I bought all my ingredients from Asda for under £10 and it will make 2 - 3 batches.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix: Softened Butter, Sugar and Honey - Whisk until fluffy.
- Beat in the Egg, sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the oats and mix.
- Once combined roll out the cookies around 1.5 cm thick
- Bake for 12 minutes and leave to cool before eating.
- Cookies can be stored for up to 5 days in an air tight container.
- You can add chocolate chips, nuts, replace the cinnamon with extra honey.
Let me know if you give them a try.