I recently baked one of my favourite treat scones. I thought I'd share with you how i did it and you can make them to. This recipe can be customised to how you like, you can add currants, chocolate chips or even some spices like cinnamon.
240g Self-raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
50g Caster Sugar
50g Unsalted Butter
1 Medium Egg
1 Cutter (plain or fluted)
Makes 8 to 10 Scones
- Heat oven to 220°c/ Gas Mark 7.
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar in to a bowl.
- Add the butter and coat it in the flour then rub the butter in to create a breadcrumb texture.
- Beat the egg and the buttermilk together then add to the flour mix.
- You can customise your scones at this stage.
- Work the dough lightly then roll out to 3cm - 5 cm thick.
- Cut out the scones using your cutter.
- Bake in the over until golden brown, for 15 to 20 mins depending on your oven.
- Sprinkle with flour and serve.
Let me know if you give them a try.